Okay sweet sister, we’re gonna’ have to stop sending each other blogging award nominations or some of the nice folks out there in blog land (I know you’ll agree that the bloggers we’ve encountered so far are all very nice, except for that one, but we won’t talk about that) are going to start kicking up a fuss (not a very nice thing to do, just sayin’) about our relatedness and how us nominating each other has just gone too far and truly isn’t fair to unrelated bloggers.
Thank you Preacher’s Wife in the Know for sending me the Reader’s Appreciation Award. It’s always lovely to be recognized by ones peers.
And, now for the rules …
Most blogging awards have a bunch of rules (this one is no exception) and, of course, I always abide by them. The rules for this one are simpler than most (not) so without further ado, they are:
- Include the award logo somewhere in your blog. (it’s up there, on the right)
- Answer the 10 questions below, for fun if you want to. (see below)
- Nominate 10 to 12 blogs you enjoy. Or you pick the number. (also see below)
- Pay the love forward: Provide your nominee’s link in your post and comment on their blog to let them know they’ve been included and invited to participate. (did it)
- Pay the love back with gratitude and a link to the blogger(s) who nominated you. (up there near the top, higher, keep lookin’, you’ll find it)
More than you ever wanted to know about me …
- Favorite color: Blue, any shade, except royal blue, not a fan of that one.
- Favorite animal: The one that’s not trying to sit in my lap, hurling regurgitated dinner at my floor, or missing the litter box. That leaves out my kitties so a dog maybe?
- Favorite non-alcoholic drink: Milk (what else could it possibly be?)
- Facebook or Twitter: FB. The twit fest can be so annoying.
- Favorite pattern: Simplicity, but I like Butterick and McCall’s too.
- Getting or giving presents: Giving but don’t go thinking it’s because I’m big-hearted. It’s really because I’m so picky, I hardly ever like what anyone ever gives me. There a re a few folks, though, that ace it every time. For example, my daughter and my sisters.
- Favorite number: Gazillion.
- Favorite day of the week: Sunday, or maybe Saturday morning. Tuesday is nice but then there’s Friday. You gotta love Friday. Although, some of the nicest things have happened to me on a Thursday or Wednesday. I know for sure that my least favorite day of the week is Monday, but isn’t that pretty much everybody’s least favorite?
- Favorite flower: Iris, peony, impatiens, rose, hydrangea, lily, buttercup …
- My passion: My daughter (until I have a grand baby, then all bets are off).
And now, for the nominees …
- Kitty Blogger: I just love those pics and videos.
- Peg-o-Leg’s Ramblings: Love her sense of humor. makes me LOL every time.
- Living with the Birds: I just don’t know how Katie gets it all done.
- jensinewall: Even though she gives awards to my sister instead of me, I forgive her.
- Sweet Mother: She ain’t afraid to tell it like it is folks.
- Gen Y Girl: Also not afraid to tell it like it is. Very bright, too.
- Fabulous 50’s: Thanks for sharing all the wonderful pictures of Africa.
- Town and Country Gardening: Great gardening tips from an expert who is willing to share his knowledge with us amateurs.
- Subtle Kate: She gets my warped sense of humor. That is so refreshing!
- How the Cookie Crumbles (aka: Let’s cut the Crap): She’s not afraid spill truth either. Great sense of humor, too.
- When all is said and done…: I’m totally convinced that Kindness is her middle name.
- Views and Mews by Coffee Kat: Wonderful sense of humor and a great inspiration to this novice blogger.
So, I went a little overboard.
Couldn’t help it.
All of the blogs listed above are written by wonderful people as well as talented writers. Try them out and you’ll see what I mean.
♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦
It’s not nepotism! (goodoldgirl.wordpress.com)
Reader’s Appreciation Award! (preacherswifeintheknow.wordpress.com)