There are rainy days and then there are good rainy days.
I love a good rainy day. They’re usually in the Fall and involve a good book and an ample supply of chocolate. We haven’t had enough rainy days this year and I’m hoping that 2020 will bring us a healthy increase in the number of “book days.”
You see, my pile of books-to-be-read is about to overload the little table I store them on. It’s skinny little legs are looking a bit shaky these days. It’s not my fault, really. Between the lack of rainy days in 2019 and the fact that many of my favorite authors just keep on writing more books (a huge thanks to all of you, by the way), my little table just can’t keep up. What to do?
I know. Get off this post and go read. Silly me.
But first, if you haven’t already, try great reads from the following authors:
- Jodi Taylor—especially The Chronicles of St. Mary’s series, starting with Just One Damned Thing After Another
- Genevieve Gogman—start with The Invisible Library, it’s outstanding
- C. J. Archer—start with The Palace of Lost Memories or The Watchmaker’s Daughter
- Petra Durst-Benning—The Century Trilogy, starting with While the World Is Still Asleep
- Cathy Lamb—All About Evie, Henry’s Sisters, Julia’s Chocolates, and many more!
- Abbi Waxman—The Bookish Life of Nina Hill
- Fiona Davis—The Dollhouse, The Glass Ocean
I could go on about this forever, but my rainy day awaits. Enjoy!