Yesterday Sunday, after a long day of doing practically nothing, I finally checked my blog only to learn that a very generous reader had nominated me for two blogger awards.
I have to say, I was completely bowled over — speechless even. (I know, hard to believe.)
READNCOOK, the kind blogger who bestowed these awards on my mishmash of random thoughts, made my day. In her post, Recognizing Others, she comments that one of the things that makes blogging rock is the way bloggers support one another. I couldn’t agree more! I don’t mean about the awards, which are really nice for sure, it’s the comments that really get to me.
It matters to me that folks take time out of their day to read what I have to say and send me a note to let me know my words touched them in some way. Whether my post made them laugh or cry, isn’t important. What matters is that we connected in a very human way in a time when more and more people seem to feel isolated and alone.
I’ve been fortunate enough to encounter some wonderful people since I started this blog three months ago and now I can pass along to them a hearty dose of the recognition that has been so graciously bestowed upon me.
About READNCOOK …
Don’t be mislead by the name of this blog, it’s not just about books and food. It’s also about art, beauty, health, history, humor, life, pets, relationships, teaching, and travel — an eclectic mix of many of my very own favorite things. So, be sure to check it out. I’m sure you’ll enjoy it as much as I do.
The awards …
The Liebster Blogger Award rules are:
- Thank the one who nominated you by linking back.
- Nominate five blogs with less than 200 followers.
- Let your nominees know by leaving a comment on their sites.
- Add the award image to your site.
1. A huge THANK YOU to READNCOOK for honoring my blog — Good Old Girl!
2. The five blogs I nominate for this honor:
The Sunshine Award rules are:
- Include the award logo in a post or somewhere on your blog.
- Answer 10 questions about yourself.
- Nominate 10 to 12 other fabulous bloggers.
- Link your nominees to the post and comment on their blog, letting them know about the award.
- Share the love and link the person who nominated you.
1. Logo shared (it’s up there, on the right)
2. Ten things about me:
- What is a favorite childhood memory?
Catching lightning bugs with my cousins then letting them all go in their room and waking up the next day to a screaming uncle who ended up having to repaint the room.
- What is a real fear you have?
- How would you describe yourself?
A silly girl in old lady disguise.
- What states have you lived in?
Kentucky, Tennessee, Georgia, Illinois, Alaska
- What is your style?
I’m supposed to have a style? Okay, jeans and a t-shirt.
- What is your favorite breakfast food?
Eggs, biscuits, and gravy.
- What are some of your hobbies?
Reading, writing, gardening, needlepoint, embroidery, anything with hand tools.
- If you could tell people anything, what would be the most important thing to say?
Have faith, be honest, and play nice.
- What is one of your passions?
My daughter — being a mom.
- What is the one truth you have learned?
Nice guys really do finish last.
3. Fabulous bloggers I nominate for the Sunshine Award:
- As Long as I’m Singing
- I’m Not Lost, Just Weird
- Kloipy Speaks
- Life in the Boomer Lane
- Not Quite Old
- Peg-O-Leg’s Ramblings
- Preacher’s Wife in the Know
- Subtle Kate
- Views and Mews by Coffee Kat
- When All Is Said and Done
5. Done! But, here’s one more link to READNCOOK just in case you missed it earlier.
Thank you so much. I must say, your awards are very well deserved. I always read your gibberish, I mean posts.
You’re very welcome! You never fail to brighten my day. Keep those posts coming!
Thank you for the mention! Your awards are well deserved. Your blogs are always fun and interesting. You are right too about bloggers being the most supportive people. Many non-bloggers do not comment but bloggers are a lot more likely to comment and that makes it all worthwhile!
I know! It’s such a wonderful community.
Well, there you go. Contratulations!
Thanks for stopping by.
Gibberish? Mishmash? Random?
Thanks for including me in your lovely post.
I always enjoy reading your posts. Keep ’em coming!
You’re very welcome!
Pingback: I’m Feeling SEXY!!!! « I'm Not Lost, Just Weird
Pingback: Overdue Thanks | Obscured Dreamer
That’s funny, because I’m almost middle aged but still dressed up as a girl.
Daughters are delish.
Thanks. So glad you stopped by.
Pingback: The Illuminating Blogger Award « bardicblogger
Congratulations, and thank you so much for the nod!
I find your gibberish to be wonderful, and am blessed I stumbled upon it (or did you stumble upon my gibberish? No matter…)
Maybe it was a dark and stormy night and our two ships stumbled right past each other.